Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Philippines

Every once in a while I check quantcast.com to see what they have to say about my website. I was puzzled by what I saw this week (Click on the graph to see it all):
The brown part of the graph shows visits from the Philippines, and in June my site was getting as many visits from the Philippines as it was from the U.S. I have do not know why, though I suspect that some course there was using the site for class assignments.

Usage of the site reflects what happens at school. Use is heavy from Monday through Friday and drops off dramatically on Saturday and Sunday. Visits are lower in the summer than they are during the school year. Christmas and Thanksgiving vacations are evident, though not shown on this graph. Visits for the first semester have been higher than visits for the second semester.

The most recent report says that 157584 websites sites have bigger U.S. audiences.

No comments: