Wednesday, October 29, 2008

IPD

The other day my class was looking at Dan Ariely's Predictably Irrational. He has a chapter on self control and commitment devices, and one of the students talked about his difficulties dealing with procrastination. After some discussion, we jokingly decided he should try get his situation defined as a learning disability, called Involuntary Procrastination Disorder (IPD), and as a learning disorder teachers would have to give him special consideration. I googled for "Involuntary Procrastination Disorder" and found that someone had already thought of it, and put up a youtube video. Maybe everything is already on the Internet.

Update: It might be entertaining and helpful to create an IPD support group on Facebook. I suppose I should check to see if one already exists, and how one goes about creating such a group. I will add it to my list of things that I need to get done.

No comments: